Broken Alliances Terrain Enhancement

Spawn units to pummel enemy fortresses in the struggle for map supremacy.
LeBron

Broken Alliances Terrain Enhancement

3 weeks ago

For a while now i've been reworking the terrain and the way base generating works. Previously bases didnt match the towers in the base spots, so for example you could have Erebus and demonic units in a base spot with human towers. I thought that it didnt look good for new players and killed any consistency and "lore" feeling (the tiny bits of it, that we have). So the main purpose of this rework was to make the game look better for new players coming into it in Reforged. Needless to say the map terrain lacked any details and wasnt updated in a while.
Due to Reforged coming out this year, i also tried to limit myself and not use any custom models, as there's a high chance many of them wont work in Reforged. Most of the rework is purely visual and the map structure is kept the same, with just a few chokes changed or added. This is still in the works and it would be nice to have some feedback!

The eastern part of the map now has a different sand tile, that makes it look more like a desert than the previous dirt tile:

Sludge.jpg
Sludge.jpg (2.42 MiB) Viewed 210 times

Towers and terrain can change depending on the base and the spot. Here's new "magicania spot" with Dotar and Hellmouth in it.

Undead&Orc.jpg
Undead&Orc.jpg (1.98 MiB) Viewed 210 times

Some of the bases got greenier!

Anglar.jpg
Anglar.jpg (2.03 MiB) Viewed 210 times
SouthHeaven.jpg
SouthHeaven.jpg (2.84 MiB) Viewed 210 times

Also, many bases only got small changes that might not be obvious if u dont compare the two images:

Hills.jpg
Hills.jpg (2.1 MiB) Viewed 210 times
dal morte.jpg
dal morte.jpg (2.15 MiB) Viewed 210 times
Aldun.jpg
Aldun.jpg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 210 times

Also, some place in-between bases have changed:

River.jpg
River.jpg (3.18 MiB) Viewed 210 times
North.jpg
North.jpg (1.86 MiB) Viewed 210 times
Pala.jpg
Pala.jpg (2.04 MiB) Viewed 210 times

I dont really want to post all of the reworks, as there are too many, but here are a few more:

Daktog.jpg
Daktog.jpg (2.53 MiB) Viewed 210 times
Milania.jpg
Milania.jpg (2.85 MiB) Viewed 210 times
Hardak.jpg
Hardak.jpg (1.44 MiB) Viewed 210 times
Tradewinds.jpg
Tradewinds.jpg (2.1 MiB) Viewed 210 times
Centrax.jpg
Centrax.jpg (1.76 MiB) Viewed 210 times
Hellmouth.jpg
Hellmouth.jpg (1.88 MiB) Viewed 210 times