New ranking system ruins pubs

Tradewinds.ioForumsTradewindsThe PubNew ranking system ruins pubs
  • Drizzy Registered User 32 Posts Joined 2016/11/12
    6 months ago 2 0

Tits i like you but what you say doesnt make sense at all.. Shocker didnt stop because malph didnt let him, he stopped because he had no time anymore.. same for lebron any day. u think he’s gonna keep editing when he has a fulltimejob a family or whatever?? hell no.
    None is paying for perks.
    and on top of that jesus u really dont understand the meaning of “renting”. the goal of Bacp were never to make people who donate feel “special” and give them something back which can be free for anders/leb. its the only way they can “pay donators back” just to make something clear
    You dont pay your flat once and then you can have the flat for ever. u pay it EVERY MONTH. and the server costs are EVERY MONTH. anders could remove the bacp and all that stuff. and ppl still had to donate to keep it alive in this format as it is, an active forum, 24/7 hosting and servers who dont lag (ofc here and there but its fixed always asap). he is giving ppl the “Vip” acess as a THANKS for donating. and the leaderboard has nothing to do with that. so u seriously think it was all an idea how to make money. lol boy. dunno my english aint the best but i hope u understand something for once since anything that leb explained u, u didnt understood either.

LeBron Root Admin 147 Posts Joined 2016/10/26
    6 months ago 2 0

tony: First off i agree with you , i only support a point system for pub games if it get more pple playing and it hasn’t.
    ————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–
    On top of that now pple are paying for perks and sch somthing i faught every hard agiasnt and basically the reason shocker stopped editeing bc malph wouldnt let it happen. And yes anders and lebron say its to cover costs of server . but we hit that money goal , yet the baacp program isnt free to everyone , so pple still ave to pay to see info on stuff and i now think anders with held stats and such on leaderboards to give reason to pay for baacp rights. It’s like he turned ba into a company and ba at its core has always been players keeping the game going and not whats happened now.————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–The problem tho with what your saying is what happens every time 2 ba bots get auto hosted , even the tryhards that want to rank up will still go to whatever lobby fills the fastest , so one bot dies. But hosting progames and having a rank for that is how it should be and makes for more fair lobbies.
    ——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

lol, more non-sense from you tits, you’re just going all-in now eh. Shocker stopped editing because malph wouldnt let him give perks for donating? What? Shocker had a whole system with hero codes that he gave out to donators, including hero codes for 3 heroes for the whole clan Wi. Many players had hero codes, which were WAY more op than -repick that we currently have. We actually removed hero codes cos they were considered too op by players who didnt have them. I have no fucking idea how did u come up with this bullshit, you just seem delusional at this point.

tony: pple are paying for perks and sch somthing i faught every hard agiasnt

Ok, everytime you post you say you’ve fought hard against something, i guess it’s your way to make yourself feel righteous and important. How the hell did u fight against “perks”? By using Dangrash/Jade and other hero codes that Kudo paid for? That’s how? I dont remember u saying ANYTHING against those perks, while using them non-stop. You even complained to me for a few months when i removed hero codes for “new” unbalanced heroes, especially Ent hero. If anything you were the one to fight FOR those perks. So dont act so fucking righteous now. You still use repick, because i was nice enough to give it to old Wi players, including you, mostly because KuDo has done a lot for the community with the bots and donations. You did not deserve that repick, yet you use it all the time, while “fighting” against perks.

Yes, we give small perks to donators, perks in a system that we’ve created. There wasnt any BACP before, we’re not limiting players on anything they would have in other warcraft3 community, we didnt limit anything that they previously had, before we introduced VIPs, hence we even give them playersearch statistics and league info, which is the most important parts of BACP. We’ve created a new system SPECIFICALLY to help us support the site costs and you complain that parts of it are VIP only? Leaderboards aren’t even working properly yet, and the perk of being able to download the game replay and see all the chats shouldnt be accessable to everyone. That’s why it’s a VIP feature and something ppl paid for and it will stay that way even after reaching the goal. As for league info, it may be not accessable by non-VIP right now if anders forgot to change it, since he’s busy with the new leaderboard season, but we already said that League info will be available for all users.

tony: ba at its core has always been players keeping the game going and not whats happened now.

Yes, that’s what players do right now by donating, because they love the game and features that we’ve created. And for some dumb reason you’re salty about it.

Turned BA into a company? Are you serious? We’ve been working on this for a long time, spending a huge amount of our time and even PAYING a large sum of money per month and extra on stuff like site templates. And now when we get help from community to cover the costs you say it’s a company? Implying we did all this for our personal profit? Are you fucking serious? Yes, we’ve reached the goal, which is amazing, but we undertsand that donations can be canceled any time, some players even warned us they will only donate for a month, so if people want to donate more they can and they will get perks for it. Are you actually mad cos we recieve extra 30$ for less than a month so far?

At this point you and your bullshit came too far Tits, idk about others but i’m done, you’ve made me really mad and i’ve tried to be friendly and patient for a very long time, but you just can’t stop. Dont expect me to treat you friendly anymore.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of LeBron LeBron.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of LeBron LeBron.
    Malpheus Registered User 69 Posts Joined 2017/02/04
    6 months ago 0 0

😀 Shocker was never told to do anything, nor was he in any way controlled. He stopped editing for the same reason other people do, when you edit the map enough you stop enjoying it as much. As the map editor he had complete autonomy, as a real person and as my employee today, the poor man is now a slave by comparison.

If the editors of a map/site want to do donations to compensate for their effort they should be allowed, there is no ethical issue and it has nothing to do with the topic of the thread.

On topic, Lebron/Anders are doing a good job, but the system created is starting to tilt a bit too much towards the competitive aspect, at least for me personally (never thought i would see lobby dodging to this extent, nor a ban rule for lobby dodging!?). Everything is being channeled in relation to fairness and scoring, but I don’t know if that is enough to really impact/deter the folks who are determined to play like me. Saying I don’t like the culture but it wont prevent me from joining games, and if others feel the same is it worth changing if we are willing to tolerate it in order to play together? This whole paragraph sounds like tony wrote it, so this is what it’s like to ponder and write and the same time…

I do question if loosening things would actually improve participation, do you have stats on new players available compared to before scoring?

On a separate note the triggers and terrain for ba on sc2 are done. The map is starting with the original 36 and things will be added from there as they were historically back in the day. If done right and if the experience is just right, you guys wont have to talk about this bullshit for long, bots don’t exist there. This is the five year anniversary of our first sc2 map being released (war of the 12 was top map for 3 months after release and we did not even edit after to improve it). SC2 is free, try the wc mods on there, enjoy.

tony Game Admin 628 Posts Joined 2016/11/12
    6 months ago 0 1

People forget hero codes , Shocker tryed to make a push to make money off the map and look how that turned out. maybe i was wrong that malph said no but shocker did try to make money off the game. e wast playing much and i think was still in school at the time and didnt want to edit anymore unless he was getting payed.
    ————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Lebron and drizzy i didnt fully read your they were long but i think i got the jist of it. My problem is imo the whole leaderboard thing and such is just not worth having to pay 175 a month. We could easily still be useing a thrid party bot that costs way way less. the pple that payed monthly didnt do it for the baacp program , im sure anders will fix some of it problems down the road but as of now it has many problems and is unfinished. The reason again i dont like anders attuide about is , one 175 goal was hit everyone should have all access to the baacp program. The only reason not too is to try to make more money off it. Also how long did we deal with pple bitching about hero codes , yet anders and company took a step n that direction. You forced a scoreing system on us that i think is more trouble then its worth.

Lebron , this is what bothers me , the baacp program was suppose to give more stats and such for pple that like that kind of thing , and i was told by you once the 175 per month goal was hit we would all be able to see players scores , now adners is saying thats not true. The only reason for that is for you guys to try to get pple to pay more.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
    Malph , when this whole convo about anders not being able to afford the bot i asked him what would happen if the goal wasnt reached and he said he would stop with the community and lebron even said he would prolly stop editing. that pissed me off , bc even tho u didnt play you always made sure u would have at least a bot for the community. If we didnt hit that goal it coulda killed ba. Thats the part that bothers me the most , it was like they gambled with the community.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
    I was not trying to bring in side convos ive ad with others in my post before so i had to dance around what i was saying kinda and made it maybe not make sense.

Last thing , If lebron asked for money for editing the map i wouldnt have a problem , Its the steps that anders has taken. He makes a leaderboard that not everyone is on board with then makes a program that if full working makes it almost a must to pay for if u play a lot. So at the end of the day pple are not paying for lerbon to edit witch i think everyone would agree is way more important then any extras things anders has added , and anders is asking for money for somthing he forced into the cominty. Idc what pple think of me but thats what happened. These are all things that anders did not start out to do , and i get worried that if these things dont get brought up its gonna turn into like league of legends where pple are buying heros and such. Im not saying it s gonna happen im just calling you guys out so to speak. I dont even dislike anders he seems like a nice kid.

6 months ago 0 0

i repeated a lot in that post srry for that

x-imo Root Admin 87 Posts Joined 2016/10/26
    6 months ago 3 0

“Hello, Wrath_Tits. If you have complaints about Tradewinds or their staff, please feel free to send a request to leave-us-the-fuck-alone@tradewinds.io and our customer support team would be happy to assist you.
    Thank you! -Tradewinds PR”

Drizzy Registered User 32 Posts Joined 2016/11/12
    6 months ago 1 0

Gosh Tits now i see seriously how mentally disabled you are. You’re answering to us while u didnt even read what we said.. I mean if u didnt read what we said shut your damn mouth and dont answere to what we said at all or read it before. I’ve never seen in any post that Leb said after 175 bucks its for all free. Well w/e.
    I don’t understand your point at all. Tbh i think you are jealous or something like that. u are complaining about them asking for support to pay the cost which are on the table every month. man none is forcing YOU! go play wow and say hey i wont pay monthly look what will happen. u make such a drama like anders is getting rich with this u dumbass dont understand he aint EARNING money with this. It’s for paying the bot, please get this in your brain finally. there is no company and such and stop trying to pull up an image like anders is a greedy mofo.. such an uthankful person u are. u want BACP for free while ppl who donate and help to pay some costs shouldnt get anything. like it wasnt hard enough to get some donators without that VIP…

I mean u understand that lebron wants to get paid – OK!
    but u dont understand that none is trying to make money with a 15 years old game

On Top of all this shit you wrote, guess what? Exactly. u are bringing up league system again. somehow out of nowehre.. in several posts – Here/fb there was already told that there are plannings to change some things. and u keep whining about it EVERY FUCKING POST. God im sick of reading on ANY post Leader system was better way then.. people are posting about a ban, im pretty sure u woulda said “in old system this wouldnt happen cuz it was better”.. u got that Shocker thing out of your mind “he stopped cuz malph wouldnt let him” lmao thank god malph disagreed with that.
    God. bring up some facts we can work with or dont at all.

Cortanax Registered User 9 Posts Joined 2017/01/14
    6 months ago 1 0

Dear Tits, you fucking imbecile. If you can not see the difference between choosing a specific hero, or using the one you have, you are absolutely mind-dead. We take a risk by doing -repick, you can get any fucking hero there is. If you have a decent hero, but it doesn’t fit your army and you -repick into something worse for your army, how does that help you?

I recall you saying these exact words “Dangrash is not even that op”.
    Its not about a hero being OP, it’s about the freedom to choose, which you do not have with -repick.

Repicking heroes are mostly just for dodging the heroes you don’t enjoy playing anyways. Do you really think we’d be able to keep this community afloat forever, without something like patreon eventually coming around to keep it going?

6 months ago 0 0

You guys are missing the point , you can rent a third party bot that costs like les then 10 bucks a month , malph payed for the bot for how many years? And never asked for money. The only reason anders costs are so high is for leaderboard and such. From ive said this many times and anders knows it to be true. Ive been agiasnt a point system for pubs bc its not what pubs are meant for. The only reason i supported it at first was in the hope that it would get more pple to play and thats not the case.

Also agian the fact that they gambled with the community. If they didnt money from players everything would have shut down , and it would have every hard to get a bot going or even worse the wrong person gets one going and doesnt care about any kind of rules and such. You guys dont understand that ba coulda died over a stupid leaderboard. And im sorry but i get told one thing and then somthing different happens making me not fully trust them.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Pple acuse me of it being ego or whatever but my actions say different , ive never done anything for persnal gain but only to keep the community going.

I only post this to make sure things dont get deeper into the pay to play direction that things have been headed in. Im not saying he would but anders could sell out and bring make heros codes or pay 5 bucks a month for 200 start gold and such. I just dont want that shit to happen. And him not giving everyone access to baacp program after the cost of bot was reached is a step in that direction.

I befited from the hero codes but i faught shocker for months not to do it bc i knew it would cause problems. And thats the main point , pple payed for those codes and they werent cheap bc they were worth it , anders could do the same thing now , he didnt have to set it up this way there was other ways to go about things that didnt require pple to pay money for things.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of tony tony.
    6 months ago 0 0

you guys are not fully reading my posts either.

Anders System Admin 91 Posts Joined 2016/10/26
    6 months ago 1 0

Malpheus: but the system created is starting to tilt a bit too much towards the competitive aspect, at least for me personally (never thought i would see lobby dodging to this extent, nor a ban rule for lobby dodging!?).

This is a good point. I think the leaderboard is far too competitive at the moment and when people get screwed via the winstreak thing or indeed wrack up a losestreak causing multi-league demotions, it begins to become unfun which is obviously not the intention. I have a post prepared for season two I will make in a few hours, hopefully we address a lot of these issues because I think the leaderboard can still be fun addition, I just need to tweak the recipe.

Malpheus: On a separate note the triggers and terrain for ba on sc2 are done.

I am beyond stoked to play it :D. When will it be out?

————-

Tony: My problem is imo the whole leaderboard thing and such is just not worth having to pay 175 a month. We could easily still be useing a thrid party bot that costs way way less,

Make a poll on facebook. See how many people agree. You have absolutely no idea why the server costs are approx 175/mo. Its not like every time I add a feature that means +$x/mo. Likewise its not like I can remove features like the leaderboard and reduce the cost by $x/mo. If you have concerns about why the cost is so high, go read up on it here https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/. Also I believe felhound hosting is now offline but either way, good luck finding a third party bot which runs as well as mine.

Tony: The reason again i dont like anders attuide about is , one 175 goal was hit everyone should have all access to the baacp program.

So then the people who have taken the time and subscribed receive no benefits for doing so? Why would I take away the incentive packages I put together specifically to reach the goal just because we have reached it. That is highly ridiculous. Why do some people have to subscribe but others don’t? Why wouldn’t everyone unsubscribe if I made it completely public? Why do you think you are entitled to several hundreds of hours of my work for free when you have already received so much of it for free? I made the BACP specifically to provide more incentive for people to help subsidise cost. I have not played the woe-is-me card because its not like I can’t afford it, and indeed when Malpheus let me take over everything the monthly cost was highly anticipated. But is it really fair that I spend my time making everything, paying for everything and overseeing everything? The Patreon is 100% optional.

If its okay with you I would like to provide perks to people who decide that which I have brought is worth keeping around. Actually I am going to provide perks whether you think its okay or not. Sorry.

tony: when this whole convo about anders not being able to afford the bot i asked him what would happen if the goal wasnt reached and he said he would stop with the community and lebron even said he would prolly stop editing. that pissed me off

So I am obligated to continue writing checks that the end of the month and to donate my free time which I guarantee you would be much more lucratively spent elsewhere. Lebron is obligated to continue editing the map until you give him the okay to stop? I think the only thing we have a responsibility for is that if we so chose to discontinue development that we would give reasonable notice and help to the best of our ability the successor (if there is one) to get everything they need setup.

tony: Last thing , If lebron asked for money for editing the map i wouldnt have a problem , Its the steps that anders has taken. He makes a leaderboard that not everyone is on board with then makes a program that if full working makes it almost a must to pay for if u play a lot. So at the end of the day pple are not paying for lerbon to edit witch i think everyone would agree is way more important then any extras things anders has added , and anders is asking for money for somthing he forced into the cominty

Instead of being mean, I will just respond by saying that all you need to do warcraft 3 map development is a bot and a map. If you want to go get your cheap hosting bot and host broken alliances, by all means. I have not forced anything on the community. Indeed I wasn’t necessarily asked to do anything I do here. I do it because I enjoy it. So, I gave everyone a choice. You can either help keep everything afloat in exchange for perks, or you can do what you suggest which is get a hosting bot and simply host the map without everything else. As I mentioned earlier, go make a poll and see how many people think that would be a good idea. It wouldn’t hurt my feeling at all if they wanted me gone but for whatever reason I feel like that isn’t the case.

tony: If they didnt money from players everything would have shut down , and it would have every hard to get a bot going or even worse the wrong person gets one going and doesnt care about any kind of rules and such. You guys dont understand that ba coulda died over a stupid leaderboard.

Lol, BA wouldn’t have died. The site, the bot and all of my programs would have been turned off. You would have turned on another bot, I would be more than happy to give you the AoW1 password and everything would run just as it is now minus all of the programs. As I said before, I feel responsible to make sure that if I discontinue, the community has the best chances of success. That means helping whoever wants to get the cheap bot up in every way possible.

tony: I dont even dislike anders he seems like a nice kid.

Don’t call me kid.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Anders Anders.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Anders Anders.
    6 months ago 0 0

Anders ,

-Polls and site , they count for a fraction of pple that play. Ive been on every site and such from start and its always been the case.
    -you didnt give the community a choice you forced it on us. If you didnt make a leaderboard and such pple would still play , you added somthing that is changing how pub games are being played. Most of what you done should have been pro game only kind of things. There was enough room in the community to get pro games going while keeping the bot going and also gave pple more of a choice , bc agian even if u dont play into the leaderboard system others are forceing a different kind of pub game. Also think of all those not great players , im guessing they would much rather have pro games going taking out the top players giving them a chance to play agiasnt lobbys more suited to there skill lvl. Games are down per day you dont know if maybe that had some effect. It hard to get new players active when they just rolled over every game.

-baacp program , pple gave money before it really works , they didnt pay for the perks they payed just to keep the bot going. If the bot cost is covered then why add more reasons for pple to give money for that system? thats my whole point , you like doing the programs and such but thats what i dont like , your not doing stuff from a person’s pov who just loves to play the game

– When i asked you what would happen if pple didnt donate you said you would be done with the community and take your shit with you. Lebron said he would stop editing but pass the map on to somone. What you dont get is there is a lot of things that could go wrong to kill ba , it almost happened before. PPle forget what happened the last time we tryed to change to tft , it failed and malph basically turned off bot bc no one was useing it , while this happened somone made a roc ba bot that everyone started playing on. The problem was the owner didnt care about any kind of rules and things were messed up. The only reason were still not at that point is that dudes house burnt down or some shit and he took down his bot and malph was nice enough to restart his and thats how we ended back on roc before u took over. If your donate thing failed it coulda killed ba. But you didnt care about that you cared about whatever joy you get out of making programs and such.
    And just saying it again adners i dont hate you or anything like that , its just some of your actions worry me and make me wonder where your going with all this. And make to your thoery with polls and such , a lot of those are misleading , if u made a poll and asked should i keep adding more things that may one day cause a gap in ba play and kill ba or just set up a cheaper system that will make sure ba will always be here as long as there are pple to play i think polls would have a different outcome..
    Ive side from the beg if leaderboard helps give reason for pple to play then ok im on board. But game numbers are down , the leaderboard is not fully to blame or maybe has little effect. but when we made the move to tft it was so lebron could add more to the map and hopfully get more players , as i said before turning pub games into like a sort of pro game pov possibility made it harder to get the new players to stay like i was saying above. This is a hard map to learn and if pple just keep losing and losing its fair to say they didnt give the map a chance. AND TO EVERYONE ELSE THAT THINKS IM BUTTHURT ABOUT NOT HAVING THE RATING SYSTEM HOW I WOULD HAVE DONE IT READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY. ANDERS CAN VOUCH FOR THE FACT THAT IVE BEEN AGIASNT IT FROM THE BEG. AND I WAS ROOT THEN SO IT WOULDA BEEN MY BEST INTEREST JUST TO LEAVE IT ALONE BUT I WAS RIGHTFULLY WORRIED WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF IT WAS MADE.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of tony tony.
    Malpheus Registered User 69 Posts Joined 2017/02/04
    6 months ago 2 0

This is a good point. I think the leaderboard is far too competitive at the moment and when people get screwed via the winstreak thing or indeed wrack up a losestreak causing multi-league demotions, it begins to become unfun which is obviously not the intention. I have a post prepared for season two I will make in a few hours, hopefully we address a lot of these issues because I think the leaderboard can still be fun addition, I just need to tweak the recipe.

If I may offer, it appears you have at least scoring somehow communicating between the bot and site. You may get exponentially better participation if you made per game ratings, for instance “hero kills/game” “base burns/game”. This would allow many different players to compete for things that allow them to play as they like. It also changes the approach from basic overall composite scores to more granular aspects that are immediately relate-able, they also don’t require much “deciphering” from a scoring standpoint. You could even come up with special designations like “headhunter king” and shit like that. Also kills/game, wins/game etc.

I am beyond stoked to play it :D. When will it be out?

Something touchable? Soon. Something we can call true BA or replace wc3 with? I don’t know yet. The focus at first is just doing it, the real job is making the scale and feel of the map feel like it does now. Everything with units is different and we have to tweak alot. Additionally development will likely be in spurts, the guy doing it is for hobby not pay. I hope if shocky sees enough progress he’ll step in a bit and help. He’s already advising.

Its not like every time I add a feature that means +$x/mo. Likewise its not like I can remove features like the leaderboard and reduce the cost by $x/mo. If you have concerns about why the cost is so high, go read up on it here https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/. Also I believe felhound hosting is now offline but either way, good luck finding a third party bot which runs as well as mine.

If you are open to sharing your setup, I can have my aws guy take a look and see if there are ways to reduce your cost. Additionally if it ever does become a burden I can cover your costs until a sc2 replacement exists. I’m not sure how much of the drama in this thread is real or if it’s perceived or if you have issues, not interested in digging just wanted to offer.

So I am obligated to continue writing checks that the end of the month and to donate my free time which I guarantee you would be much more lucratively spent elsewhere. Lebron is obligated to continue editing the map until you give him the okay to stop? I think the only thing we have a responsibility for is that if we so chose to discontinue development that we would give reasonable notice and help to the best of our ability the successor (if there is one) to get everything they need setup.

You didn’t see those details in the fine print when things were handed over to you? You are absolutely obligated maintain your position of the host, maintaining the ghost inside of you until a suitable host is found. Both of you. Once the next host is infected you are free.

LeBron Root Admin 147 Posts Joined 2016/10/26
    6 months ago 0 0

tony:
    Lebron , this is what bothers me , the baacp program was suppose to give more stats and such for pple that like that kind of thing , and i was told by you once the 175 per month goal was hit we would all be able to see players scores , now adners is saying thats not true. The only reason for that is for you guys to try to get pple to pay more.

We planned to make BACP available only to VIPs, so in our fb post i said it will be available for everyone else when we reach the goal. Initially we planned that non-VIPs wont be able to see anything in BACP, but then Anders decided to give ALL players access to player search (that includes all of the stats like unit kills, hero kills, etc etc) before we reach the goal, so we would have some activity on it. So it became available to everyone BEFORE we reached the goal. The small sections that are still VIP-only werent supposed to be released to non-VIPS. So the most important part of BACP is already accessable to everyone, because it happened before we reached the goal. In the private convo with you i said we will make League also accessable, everything else stays as it is right now. VIPs only have access to download all replays and see players base statistics, which is more of a small privillege and not something that would make us millionares.

Are we done with the fucking BACP is the first step of your master plan thing?

tony:
    You guys are missing the point , you can rent a third party bot that costs like les then 10 bucks a month , malph payed for the bot for how many years? And never asked for money. The only reason anders costs are so high is for leaderboard and such. From ive said this many times and anders knows it to be true. Ive been agiasnt a point system for pubs bc its not what pubs are meant for. The only reason i supported it at first was in the hope that it would get more pple to play and thats not the case.

We can do that, but obviously people care enough for leaderboard and everything else that they donate. So what’s your fucking problem? Money go towards the bot/site. If you dont like leaderboard or anything else it’s your problem, we accept constructive feedback for players that want to change something about those things, not your cancerous posts that bring zero sense. Malpheus mentioned an important thing that BA is shifting towards competitivness, which I agree with and this is something we’ve been discussing and we might need to find a good balance between making both competitive and casual players happy. We’re not forcing leaderboard on anyone, not like we even play to reach Grandmaster ourselves, so this is all for players. Some people dont like certain aspects of the leaderboard, so we try to make it better with the feedback, but you’re the only one saying how much u hate it and never wanted in the first place.

If you dont care about leaderboard, it’s your opinion, we care about our work enough, that a downgrade from all that we have to a simple bot hosting would be too demoralizing to us and yes we would stop hosting and let someone else do that. Would we do that in a day without telling anyone? No. Would we abandon community without giving other player AoW1 account? No. Did we warn players about our situation? Yes. So what’s your problem with calling us selfish? Who gambled with the community? What have you actually done for the community to feel so fucking righteous and important and poor all this shit on us? Was a root for a few months? Added admins and sometimes answered player’s questions?

But now that i think about it, you were right all along. These years we’ve been working hard to turn BA into most profitable game out there. Anders’ paying more than 1k$ during these months was an investment for these sweet sweet extra 30$ a month. It’s a shame we have been called out by your uncanny deductive way of thinking and now we can’t milk this community to create Broken Alliances Enterprise. Once again tits comes up on top, in a few years when we’re listed on Nasdaq you will be the only one saying “i was the only one who fought for them to make it a stand-alone company”.

tony: I befited from the hero codes but i faught shocker for months not to do it bc i knew it would cause problems.

WOW, Legend.

6 months ago 0 0

And im so sick of pple saying “well get good” when it comes to the pov of leaderboards. There are a lot of players that have never won a game or barely won any. You really think they care about a leaderboard? No , they care about just trying to learn the game and the leaderboard does not help that fact.

There was ideas thrown around to make it so teams were random and such , and that maybe woulda been a big benfit for trying to get new players into the game , but that also would piss off the other part of the community that dont feel like carrying pple and just wanna play. At the end of the day the leaderboard crap causes more problems then pple think about and just see somthing shinny.

If i could do it all over again i would still have asked you to take over , i know overall were in more quilfied hands with you , i just wish the progression of what happened after woulda have gone in a different direction when we moved to tft. And thats the only thing i take personal or get butthurt about bc i was dimissed when i brought these things up before and now it may be to late to go back without making a gap that could kill ba.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar