magicania

• Funds Registered User 24 Posts Joined 2016/11/12
    5 months ago 1 0

everyone says this base is op or w/e for their own reasons, it might probably need a nerf anyways.

As everyone knows, this base got the “Fire Mage” as a new unit with one of the old updates. Basically your only counters against this base is to get a silence staff, silvermoon mages, a black dragon, or loads of jammers (which eats up a lot of gold that could’ve been used for other benefits) if it isn’t dealt with early game.

– Lava spawn: initially costing 100 mana which was then bumped to 125. Fire spawns start off with a base of 41 chaos damage, which is unusually high and the fact that most will end up getting bloodlusted makes them deal a lot of damage quickly (chaos does 100% damage to all armor types, before getting reduced by armor total). Most battles often leave a lot of corpses behind, so the user can often replenish bulky units easily while the enemy struggles to do so. Initially you can kill off fire spawns with one jammer. However, they can benefit from health upgrades and once that happens, you need to use two jammers to kill them off.
    — Proposed change: reduce health of lava spawns (150 or 200), reduce damage of the spawns, or change the damage to a different type.

– Armor: For some reason every unit there apart from the fire mages gets +2 armor per upgrade. Not much considering low health, and poor base armor, but rather annoying to deal with if enough stacks are added.
    — Proposed change: Drop it to +1 for all units except shifters.

(side note – polymorph should be removed from mages, since sorceresses have it)

tony Game Admin 745 Posts Joined 2016/11/12
    5 months ago 0 1

i still think that unit justs needs to be removed. Either it wont get nerfed enough or it will get over nerfed leaveing magicana in the same spot.

Before those units were added i think the biggest problem with magicana was golems walk speed is to slow and shifters in range form didnt have enough hp. Shifters are a very old unit and i think they are weaker then ever bc of the changes to other bases. The main selling point before with golems was there hp (i think 1200) but there are far more units that have around that hp now. And golems dps is shit and the fire aura only does like 5hp per sec.

I will never understand the logic that went into magicana , if your going to buff a base and it has already a lot of units adding another unit is not the right path. The buff should have been focused on golems/shifters since there the unit that makes that base hard to use. As i said there an old unit and i never heard anyone say they like useing them.

Zaph Registered User 53 Posts Joined 2016/12/18
    5 months ago 1 0

I think the goal wasnt nerfing/buffing it but making one of its play style more efficient.

Basically there was 2 ways of maining it (with hybrids variants ofc) :
    – the old school way based on melee shifters and low dps support by bloodlusted rnage shifter and other casters (with or without a sorceress spawn)

– a quite new trend of mass mages and sorceresses (mb a very few shifters) and counting on mass polymorph and fireballs.

The 1st one being the well known one led to a long history of buffing nerfing on stats or spell delays of shifters.
    The 2nd one was actually pretty weak imo (compared to other mass caster like warlocks) even with tryhards adepts (they claimed it to be op but they knew it wasnt that efficient without fire mages like units imo). So I think last update is the first one on that 2nd play style and firemages have been designed for it.

Why im telling of that ? I have no idea myself, my point is just that it wasnt meant (or at least shouldt imo) to buff magicania but only to equilibrate the 2 play styles.

Only issue is that it totally deleted 1st one imo. But without speaking for someonelse i think some kind of nerfing is already planned on fire mages but dont justify itself a new version immediatly. Maybe shifters can be slightly buff on melee form tho (evenif it lead to a longer delay for transformation).

I think poor lebron is in middle of a cross fire one this base

5 months ago 0 0

can somone just explain to me why shifters have a timer? Even if you could stay in perma golems mode how would that be op? This base design just always bothered me. This base is one that never got fixed right after man power was placed in.

And i just dont see how you nerf the new unit without making pointless or still to op.

Shal Root Admin 151 Posts Joined 2016/11/11
    5 months ago 0 0

This is something I’ll actually agree with Tony on – I’ve said for a long time that the timer should’ve been removed on golems, speed increased, even if it meant nerfing their other stats. I think removing it has just been seen as removing complexity and dumbing things down and that’s why it has been avoided, but I’ll let LeBron comment on that.

On another note… Magicania happens to be soooomebody’s favorite base, and I think that might have some small bit of influence here.

Zaph Registered User 53 Posts Joined 2016/12/18
    5 months ago 0 0

Wtf… Shifters is one of best ideas in BA.
    I was a fan of old magicania, one of funniest base to main, how can you speak on making it an other standard casual base with melee and casters. 🙁

Atm shifters just add some dps (since it has been greatly buff in a few prev version) and allow u to tank at need depending on ur mana pool of firemages or bacstabbing

5 months ago 0 0

Zaph: Wtf… Shifters is one of best ideas in BA.
    I was a fan of old magicania, one of funniest base to main, how can you speak on making it an other standard casual base with melee and casters. Atm shifters just add some dps (since it has been greatly buff in a few prev version) and allow u to tank at need depending on ur mana pool of firemages or bacstabbing

there range form got a minor attack buff and golem form actully got nerfed a bit over the years , i think they only start with 2 armor now. But either way there golem form for cost is not great. besides the problems with shifting there stats actully suck. And as i said before flame shield only does 5 damge per sec and there attack rate is on the slower side so bash basically doesnt come into effect.

And what brings me to my point there are at least 10 maybe 20 units with close to 1000 hp and a ton of 950 range hp , back in the day there was like 4. A ot of bases even if they go into melee form dont have to walk away bc they can match the meat.

And yes this base got worked over bc of anders.

5 months ago 0 0

Shal: This is something I’ll actually agree with Tony on – I’ve said for a long time that the timer should’ve been removed on golems, speed increased, even if it meant nerfing their other stats. I think removing it has just been seen as removing complexity and dumbing things down and that’s why it has been avoided, but I’ll let LeBron comment on that.On another note… Magicania happens to be soooomebody’s favorite base, and I think that might have some small bit of influence here.

i asked shocker for years , but again back then there golem stats were way way better compared to all other units so i saw the logic in it. But as i said before with the way that lebrons edits, things have changed. But yea i will never fully understand why that base didnt get re-worked a long time ago. And not by just adding some bs unit when it already has a lot of make-able units.

I dont even care about walk speed , yea it would be nice but a big part of there walk speed is that once they transform you can easily run away and w8 for timer. Without timer i dont think there walk speed would even need to get buffed. Timer timer Timer is and always will be the issue with that base.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar